1. As a student, your first step is to get an invitation from your teacher or program leader to join his/her Studio. If you don’t receive it, check your spam or trash folder, or ask your teacher to re-send the invitation. (Please note: We recommend you use Google’s Chrome browser when using MediaBreaker/Studios. Install Chrome free here.)
Click on the View Your Profile link.
2. Here’s the page where you enter some basic information and upload a profile image. You’re almost ready to start breaking videos, but first, meet your Main Menu buttons.
Your Studio will consist of Learning Experiences from your teacher(s). Let’s get started with your first one.
1. Go to your Studios page by clicking on the house icon. Then click on your teacher’s Studio.
2. Choose the Learning Experience you want and click to enter.
3. Here’s what a Learning Experience page looks like:
Now let’s get breaking!
- Get started by selecting the video you want from the Media Library, then drag it on to the timeline. It will snap to the middle row.
- Play the video by pressing the spacebar on your computer. You can also drag the cursor along the timeline to play a specific part of the video.
- To add a caption, select Add Caption from the Tools library and drag it to the
timeline, where it will snap to the top row of the timeline.Caption options will then show up in your working pane, where you can alter text and set how many seconds you’d like the caption to run. Click Update to finish, then drag the caption along the timeline to where you’d like it to show up in the video.
- To add a title, position the cursor where you want the title to go and click the scissors. Select Add Title from the Tools library and drag it to the place where you made the cut in the timeline.The title will snap to the middle row of the timeline, and title options will show up in your working pane, where you can alter text and set how many seconds you’d like the title to run. Click Update to finish.
- To add an audio track, select the track you want from the Media Library or User Library, then drag it on the timeline to where you want it to play. It will snap to the bottom row of your timeline.
- To delete part of a video or an edit you made, select what you want to remove and click the Trash.
- To save your work and come back to it later, click Save Draft at the top of the page. You can access your drafts in your Studio home.
- To submit a finished break, click Submit/Complete.
1. Go to the Learning Experience you want, and click View Break Gallery.
2. Now you can watch a completed break, and comment by awarding a Kudo.
3. Under the break, you’ll see a menu of Kudos you can award. You can’t award a Kudo to a break you made, and you can only award one Kudo per break, so choose carefully! The number in the box with each Kudo shows how many have been awarded in each category.