The LAMP (Learning About Multimedia Project) is a nationally-recognized media literacy leader and is seeking an innovative entrepreneurial person to join the leadership team. In the role of Operations Director you will grow and lead the organization’s core programs right at the time when these issues are critical to our democracy. At ten years old The LAMP is at the forefront of combating fake news and using media tools to boost youth civic engagement, but the challenges are great—we need smart, creative, dedicated people to help us advance initiatives such as the MediaBreaker/Studios application, the upcoming 22 Million Votes by 2020 campaign, and our core media literacy offerings for students and educators. We are looking for a driven professional to work closely with The LAMP’s Executive Director and Board in steering organizational strategy and execution.
The LAMP teaches what we call The Three Cs: we want our participants to Comprehend media, Create media, and ultimately Challenge media – to talk back. Our hands-on programs equip students to engage consciously and critically with their multimedia surroundings, create media that reflect their diverse voices, and use media and technology to further their long-term goals. We bring equipment, materials and teachers directly to schools, community centers and libraries throughout New York City.
The 900+ students served directly by The LAMP each year are routinely from public schools, settlement houses, public housing and community-based organizations throughout the five boroughs of New York City.
Job duties will include:
- Oversight of all programmatic elements of The LAMP’s core offerings
- Oversight of The LAMP’s organizational growth
- Oversight of all programmatic sales, outreach and growth
- Oversight of all programmatic budgets and planning
- Coordination of the development of needed educational assets
- Coordination of all per diem/hired educators
- Coordination of grant funded initiatives
- Coordination of strategic partnerships
- Interacting with and understanding the needs of youth and the educators that serve them
- Relationship building with key stakeholders in education space to build and grow offerings
- Staying current in the thinking and trends in education, media literacy, educational technology, and informal learning
- Support for members of the Executive Board and Associate Board
- Oversight of all equipment, scheduling and sales relationship management
The ideal applicant has the following skills/qualities:
- Minimum 5 years of leading educational or related programming
- Has conceived of and delivered programming to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated success in building marketable education programs that generate revenue
- Motivated self-starter comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Interest in education, media literacy and technology
- Sales experience
- Management experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Database experience
- An opportunity to help youth prepare for a world they will inherit
- A tight-knit team in a work environment that values openness and inclusivity
- Environment for creative growth while helping an organization address key issues of our times
- Health benefits, vacation, and holidays
- Flexibility to work from home
- Reimbursement for travel
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Executive Director D.C. Vito at email@example.com, and include “Operations Director position” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled, so interested parties are encouraged to apply early.
The LAMP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is located in a wheelchair accessible building. People of color, LGBTQ people, women, people with disabilities, and immigrants are strongly encouraged to apply.